Post Crossing, Story and Ads on a Piece of Paper

Posted by DhienarChannel on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Speaking of Abi's (from Studio Lorien, in case you don't know she is a Youtuber from Japan whom I love) new addiction in postcards, it recalls back my old addiction. It's no new thing as I've been into everything post office since when I was a small kid. I have three dusty stamp albums sitting on my shelf full with used and unused stamps (local and international ones) and several Germany and France post cards.


I had always prefer stamps to post cards with reason. I love the fact about the legal aspect, where only the authorized one has rights to issue the stamps. This makes stamps look original and limited. Sure post cards also can be made in limited quantity and seasonal, sure the stamps can be issued by order. But I mean even if there is a company represents a country with the products and asked to make stamps, final decision still up on the hands of the authorized one. If I'm not mistaken, there are Hello Kitty anniversary celebration stamps. Other companies can do the same with permission of the Japan government. Here in Indonesia, we can take selfie and print it as stamps but we have to go to the post office to do so and not to the photo printing services.




To fill the urge of collecting stamps, I had some pen pals, asked friends to swap, and bought them. I used to judge a valued stamp is considered by the post office stamp/seal before your item shipped. The date and the place of origin mark was what I wanted. The historical value is on it. I bought brand new stamps series and asked the post man to mark it. Some may agree with this consideration (not the way I asked the post man) while some others say it's more when it's kept brand new.


Back again to post crossing. Two years ago I observed people's addiction in post crossing. There you go! What makes the postcard got its value is not by collecting it clean and unused. The story and the handwriting written there what make it. I joined the post crossing group where a bunch of people showing off old postcards with great history behind. You may advertise your homeland too by only a piece of paper. Like clean letter papers or letter set, like clean post cards. Just like a letter sent conventionally (not by internet), that's how it is. Again I remember I've signed up to post crossing site since more than a year ago. Got some addresses to send but I don't know what held me back to not send any. Waking up from a quite long hiatus,  I'm about to write on some nice post cards to Abi (Japan), Holy from TheHollycopter, and Judy with her beautiful toddler (Julianna Bear) and adorable twin bears (Miya and Keira ~flying kisses) in the US first because I need to find out how to fix my  post crossing site account than to sign up with new email. So now, time to look for good postcards that well Indonesia represented. Custom made one would be lovely.


(will get u updated by some supporting images soon)


Blog, Updated at: 11:53 PM

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Related Links (Ads)

Recent Posts

Archive

Search This Blog