How to Get Rid of Acne #1: Review of ASEPSO Sulphur Plus Salicylic Acid for Acne Prone Skin

Posted by DhienarChannel on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review of ASEPSO Sulphur Plus Salicylic Acid for Acne Prone Skin
(Sabun Asepso Untuk Kulit Berjerawat)


My face skin used to be not an acne prone skin nor did suffer acne during the puberty, which was pretty decent skin for me to handle. My skincare regime has been always simple. I only use inexpensive drugstore products. I have never gone anywhere with makeup. I do have BB cream and compact powder which are the simplest tools I have to hide the uneven skin and the dark spots, but rarely use it. Your (my) skin will be good until you (and me) realize it will breakout in certain conditions.
One or two small pimples would start to grow whenever I became lazy ass to even wash my face to remove all the dirt and oil. The hot and freaking humid air plays the main role in breaking out my skin, both of face and  chest part. I didn't even tell yet how bad the polluted air here in Jakarta-Tangerang-Bogor are, did I? Breaking bad of the environmental cause, no matter how diligent I am to take care of my skin. The face acne will go itself within some weeks and leave dark stain which disappear in couple next weeks. These past several months, I've been fighting with acne on face which I believe due to my hormonal change and stressed out (almost don't get direct sun exposure). I guess it's also because I had spent two bars papaya soap and I'm sensitive to its whitening ingredients? The acne, starting on left cheek and spreading to the right one. Two healed and some new ones pop out. Frusrtating. My chest and back parts are another stories. No matter how often I bathe, body acne would never gone. Definitely acne prone skin. For this, my nurse-aunt (is that the word?) suggested me to take Elkadin Acne Lotion (Lotio Kummerfeldi). It contains popular actives substances to fight acne like sulphur, Mucilago Gom arab, Camphor, etc yet don't work on me.


A month ago I went to groceries store and when I was in the body care aisle, something caught my attention and I tempted to not miss it. Something promising named Asepso. I feel like I'am quite familiar with Asepso soap while in other side I was thinking this is just new introduced anti bacterial skin into Indonesian market. I didn't know how long this soap has been exist here. There were three kinds of Asepso (I believe only three in the market) and I picked this one based on my need: ASEPSO Sulphur Plus Salicylic Acid for Acne Prone Skin. While I looked around, I also found Mentholatum Acnes Washing Bar. I picked that up too and about to review in separated post. Here we go the Asepso.


I don't want to comment about the packaging, but if you are a packaging sucker, I tell you it's nothing fancy but so medical looking LOL. This one is more OK, but another Asepso soap box looks more like hmm.. insect repellent LOL. 

Here what is written (description) on the box:
Acne is caused by the entrapment of oil and bacteria in clogged skin pores. The combination of Sulfur and Salicylic acid in Asepso Sulphur Soap helps unclog pores, remove oil and bacteria and help clear up and rejuvenate skin quickly. For best results, use daily until skin is free of acne, looking clear and healthy.

The trusted soap since 1900.
How? So promising right? All the ones available in Indonesian market are produced inside the country, by PT Kartika Tirta Hema in Bandung-Indonesia under authority of Codaa Switzerland. Registered in BPOM (The National Agency of Drug and Food Control) with registered number NA 18120500128.

As for the ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Perfume, Sulfur, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Salicylic Acid, Etidronic Acid, CI 75100.

The 80 grams bar is also decently plastic wrapped.


For me who use regular soap like Lifebuoy and Biore, a IDR 6000 (around USD 0.5) something individual soap bar is a bit expensive for my liking, but I give it try!  The scent is strong and well.. so antiseptic-ish but doesn't make you smell like hospital. I like it though. My sister gave comment about how I smell like at my first usage and I assuming it's a complement for its smell.

After almost one month with every single day usage, I honestly tell you it works wonders! Asepso Soap is absolutely wonderful! It doesn't dry my skin and the most important thing is it heals my acne! Great soap for all skin types. I told you, I had a very acne prone skin on chest part and red rashes and now it noticeably leaving only one pimple! It's clear skin now. Prior to using this soap on my face, I use Mentholatum Acnes Sealing Jell. The acne on skin face fades right away leaving red stain, which means my acne is still active and will be coming again anytime soon if I become ignorant to stop taking care it until my skin back to normal again. 

So glad that I decided to purchase this and looking forward to have plenty more! As directed, I will be using this until my skin is free of acne, looking clear and healthy. Right after that, I will start to use Asepso Antibacterial Agent Soap. Seriously, why in the hell you need to spend 30 USD to get rid of acne if you could get the same benefit by 0.5 USD soap bar?


Blog, Updated at: 2:05 AM

2 comments:

Sekarlangit Umastuti said...

I'm afraid this soap will affect only perfectly well to your own skin. Sometimes people will keep using a certain acne soap if it fits their skins. Nice post anyway ^^ but I'm a packaging-sucker lol I take consideration for the packaging first before the inside. It's so wrong I know, lol

Unknown said...


Organic Acne Treatments offers many various varieties. You will find organic cream, facial scrub uniforms, shower skin gels, cleansing agents, skin lotions, blood serum, and so on. These products, when used correctly, permit people to get the truly amazing skin they have usually wanted. If you tend to be preparing to work with one of these skin solutions as a natural acne treatment, look in the good ones.

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Related Links (Ads)

Recent Posts

Archive

Search This Blog